Welcome to Avondy!
This guide helps you through the first steps of opening your store, shares tips on how to get a strong start, and provides resources for further guidance along the way.
Get to know Avondy
Avondy is a unique marketplace for women-owned businesses to sell products or services to shoppers. On Avondy.com, you’ll find a community of small-business owners and shoppers who all share a passion for small businesses.
If you’re new to Avondy, take some time to get to know us. Review our seller agreement and learn about fees for selling on Avondy to make sure that selling on Avondy is right for you and your business.
Open your store
Before you create your store, sign in or create an Avondy account. You’ll use this account to run your store and to buy from other small businesses on Avondy. After creating your account, add your store logo and banner to let other people in the Avondy community know who you are.
Do I need a business license to sell on Avondy?
Avondy doesn’t require sellers to have a business license to sell on Avondy.
However, when selling on Avondy you’re required to follow any laws that apply to you as a small business selling online. If you have any questions regarding which laws apply to you, please contact a qualified professional.
Finish your store setup
Once you’ve signed up to sell on Avondy, there are a few steps you need to take to complete your store setup and prepare to start selling items. Like any online business, you should think through key factors in your selling workflow. Consider things like production time, policies, and your plan for shipping.
Key store elements to address:
- Banner and store logo: Upload clear photos that represent the style of your brand and make a strong first impression on shoppers.
- Store announcement: Share a brief welcome message with shoppers.
- About section: Upload videos or photos and share the story behind your products, how your business came to be, and what your vision is for your brand.
- Store members: Introduce any other members of your team or people you collaborate with.
- Store policies: Outline all your policies for shipping, returns, exchanges, payments, custom items, or any other guidelines that are important for shoppers to know before they make a purchase.
Add listings to your store
Once you’ve completed all your store sections, you are ready to start adding products to your Avondy store.
Marketing, branding, and promotion
- A marketing strategy is key to the success of your Avondy store. Marketing will help new customers find your products, lets you existing customers up to date with the latest with your store, and can lead to an overall rise in sales.
- Tips for getting started with marketing:
- Make sure you’re optimizing your store for Avondy search. Make sure to add your location so that your store can be found in local searches.
- Link your store to your social media accounts so you can easily craft posts about your business.
- Consider marketing your store through paid advertising.
Consider offering discounts to incentivize shoppers to buy with sales and coupons.
Find a local craft fair or market where you can sell your goods.